
Simply put, bokeh is a method of highlighting your subject to the viewers attention by blurring everything else. With wide aperture of a prime lens, this is kinda easy!
Below is another shot of bokeh effect. This time, it is a close up. I like close up. The red hibiscus is sharply in focus while the green background is heavily blurred. Nice.....
Here's another shot with dark background. Not so much of a bokeh, but more towards highlighting via dark background, which is another method to get your subject to viewers' attention. Surreal isn't it?
Above two flowery images are somehow taken with a little bit tweak. I used a close up +4 magnification Hoya filter on my 50mm lens. Recommended by my dealer. Bought is very cheap. In another word, I have myself a macro lens by just adding up a cheap filter. Nice huh?
Another close up for you below:
I love the above shot. A blend of white and green makes it soothing to look at.
So, if you like close up and you don't have budget for more expensive lens, go for a cheap 50mm lens with a magnifying filter. You get it cheap, and you won't go wrong.



No comments:
Post a Comment